Weather blanket: help pls!

Weather blanket: help pls!

Hi!
I posted a few times in this community with questions about patterns, intro crochet, and blankets! I am currently planning out the 2021 temperature blanket. It's my very first time doing a project to this scale but I am still very excited. However, I came into a little problem and would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

I live in Northern NJ, USA and the winters are cold and snowy. For a day like today, the high is 36F, the low is 33F, and the average temp is 34.5F. I am planning on making a puff stitch flower (sort of like this) where the center is the precipitation (sunny/rainy/snowy/windy), the puff stitch flower is the daily low, and the granny square around it is the daily high. I was considering adding another layer of petals to make the 2nd set of petals the daily high, and then the granny square around it the daily average. I haven't started any crocheting yet, I'm still planning it out haha

Here's my problem: The way that I have my temperature gauge set up, all temperatures between 28 to 36 are one color. This means that, the center of today's square will be white (because it snowed today), and everything else will be an entirely dark blue box, which defeats the purpose of having the puff flower in the middle. I feel like I'm going to continue to run into this problem in the months with extreme temps and don't know what to do :( I'm working with 11 colors total, ranging from 0F/below all the way up to 90F/higher.

Thank you for any and all suggestions!! I'm really new to crochet (I learned during quarantine haha) and might need basic terms explained to me.

submitted by /u/17parm01
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3ndrhO5
via IFTTT
Load comments