Compression gloves? Wrist supports?

Compression gloves? Wrist supports?

So I seem to have done myself an injury crocheting. I have had intense pain in my wrist for three days that isn't getting much better from rest, painkillers or keeping it in a wrist support splint. Obviously I will see a doctor if it doesn't calm down and I am able to do so (UK currently in full on lockdown and in-person doctor appointments are offered only if really unavoidable). I am not looking for medical advice.

What I want to know is does anyone here use any kind of wrist or hand support to help with crochet-related strains and pain? If so what type and brand do you use? I am going to rest my wrist until it's better but ai am thinking in terms of after that.

It occurred to me that when my wrist is healed it might be a good idea to continue using the wrist splint, or some kind of wrist support whilst crocheting to prevent whatever movements I am making which have lead to this. I have also seen compression gloves on sale aimed at knitters and crocheters. Just wondering if it is common to use anything to protect joints and tendons and if so what works best.

submitted by /u/Chthonic_Femme
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/39oVBBL
via IFTTT
Load comments