Ambidextrous Crochet (with a twist)

Ambidextrous Crochet (with a twist)

Short story: Started a new pattern that said “DO NOT TURN WORK” I grew up ambidextrous so I tried to go back using left hand. It worked out but found when crocheting left hand i used pencil grip, and when crocheting right handed I use a knife grip. Anyone else crochet with both hands and find this to be the case?

Long Story: Growing up I was predominantly left handed, however teachers and coaches forced me to do things right handed. So Im ambidextrous for many things, however some things i can only do left or right handed. For example, with baseball I catch and throw right handed (cannot throw left) but I bat left handed (cannot bat right handed) same with golf. But basketball I can shoot both hands. Using scissors only right handed, but writing i can use both (preference of left )

So what does this have to do with crochet? First i crochet right handed. i started a new pattern that said DO NOT TURN WORK. So I didnt know what to do. I decided lets try going back with the left hand. Here is where i found it interesting. Yes i could crochet left handed just find but with my left hand I naturally crochet with a pencil grip but with my right hand I crochet with a knife grip.

I think it stems from that i am dominantly left handed for writing so I hold hook like a pencil, but eating I am still left handed so fork is left hand to eat and i cut using right hand thus knife hold for right hand.

submitted by /u/tr3y003
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/2YtdHML
via IFTTT
Load comments