PSA for your (not so) local yarn shop

PSA for your (not so) local yarn shop

So I got a decent-size Amazon gift card for Christmas and decided to see if they had any nice yarn I wouldn't normally buy. And they have Scheepjes Whirls! Yay! It's sold through 3rd parties, but so what? It still has free Prime shipping!

Except...I messed up my gift card and it went to buy cat litter and face wash. I still wanted the yarn and considered buying it anyway, but it was slightly more expensive from Amazon than yarn.com. I had also kind of been happy about buying from a small business (even through Amazon) and still kind of wanted to support them.

It finally occurred to me to look up the seller I was going to buy from on Amazon and see if they have a website.

Y'all, they do. And it's cheaper straight feel them. And they have a bigger selection. AND they got it to me in North Carolina from their shop in ALASKA in 3 days. THREE DAYS! And I got free shipping by buying one extra cake (twist my arm).

All this to say that if you can, before you give your money to Amazon, consider looking up the LYS that you might be indirectly buying from and consider giving them your business.

submitted by /u/AitchEnCeeDub
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3rNPPkb
via IFTTT
Load comments