Looking for a pattern for a cardigan similar to this one I saw in Call the Midwife...

Looking for a pattern for a cardigan similar to this one I saw in Call the Midwife...

I know we all love the Call the Midwife blanket (myself included!), but I was watching the 2016 Christmas special recently (when they all travel to South Africa) and fell in LOVE with a cardigan Trixie was wearing in the episode.

It's definitely a knit sweater, but I'm hoping someone can point me towards a crochet pattern with a similar vibe. I really like the buttons, the pockets, and the collar, and I think it would be really great in cotton.

I've done some searching on Ravelry, and found a few that are decent matches, but none of them are just *chef's kiss* perfect, you know?

  • The Cozy Coed Cardigan - close, but I wish the collar was larger!
  • Jadore Sweater - also close, but this one has a little more collar than I'm looking for.
  • The Simplicity Cardi - a pretty good match, but I can't tell if it would work with added buttons, or if it's intended to be more open at the front. I'd worry about it pulling and stretching if I wanted to button it closed.
  • Day Date Cardigan - like above, I'm not sure about adding buttons, and the sleeves are a little different, but I like this one a lot!

I'd love any and all suggestions to add to my list of contenders!

submitted by /u/freckleface28
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3oeq7SN
via IFTTT
Load comments