Tips on crochet pattern adjustment to make more baby friendly and first time parents approved

Tips on crochet pattern adjustment to make more baby friendly and first time parents approved

So, I found this cute pattern, and I wanted to use it for family who are having their first child. However, I plan to make a few adjustments since, from what I have seen, this is usually made just for baby photo shoots, and I want to make it more viable for day to day wear (such as removing the button eyes and the snout from the hat to reduce choking hazards).

I feel like the fox tail on the diaper cover might get in the way during general use so I was wondering, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it optional/removable without being tacky/inconvenient or causing further problems? Or should I make two versions, one with and one without? Should I just skip having a tail at all and just do an orange diaper cover? If so, is there some way to still include grey and white to make it feel like the tail is still included in a way?

ETA: I have not had any children of my own yet, so experienced parents out there, please let me know if I am catastrophizing and the tail would cause no concerns. I just do not want to cause further inconvenience/stress to new first time parents.

submitted by /u/howlingDef
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3BWwTVa
via IFTTT
Load comments