Tips for starting crochet?

Tips for starting crochet?

Hello!

I've recently started knitting and have really enjoyed it! I can keep tension evenly and have made some nice scarves and hats from vintage patterns so far, which is super cool, and I'm making sure to add in one new skill every time I pick a new pattern. :)

However, a lot of the patterns I like have crochet aspects to them, so I'd like to learn to crochet too. Problem is, I've tried multiple times over the past year or two even before starting to knit and every time I just...can't get the hang of it. I've had people tell me crochet is easier, but while I can knit easily and keep tension well and all that and am picking it up really quickly, with crochet it just...doesn't go that way. It's a struggle for me to even get a basic chain stitch that looks good, I struggle getting the hook through the holes, my tension ends up all over the place with giant and small loops... I checked and I do have the hook size recommended for the yarn I'm using.

I don't mind not being perfect at first, but it feels like I can't even figure out what I'm doing wrong to be able to improve like I could with knitting. I'm a little frustrated/put out, if you couldn't tell lol.

I'm wondering if I could get some tips on where to start with crochet to help me try again? I'm hoping I can find an in person group at some point after I move next year, since maybe I'll pick it up better with someone showing me in person, but I don't want to just give up until then!

submitted by /u/bobonaca
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3jcV7mz
via IFTTT
Load comments