Smaller Than Recommend Hooks

Smaller Than Recommend Hooks

Anytime I cross paths with another crochetter (an unfortunately rare occurrence ๐Ÿ˜”) they always comment on my tight stitches.

I mostly taught myself, my grandmother didn't live near us, but when she visited she'd say it too.

Recently I've been paying closer attention to yarn labels, and I noticed that I always think the recommended hook size is WAAAY to big, so I'm usually using a smaller than recommended hook. If I use the recommended size I end up feeling like there's too much gap spacing in my work.

It might just be the way I crochet, but does anyone else deal with this? I've recently noticed the yarn over/under styles that make tighter stitches, and I'm currently trying to figure out which one I'm using.

submitted by /u/MiddayGlitter
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3BcJhzd
via IFTTT
Load comments