Three colors, Waffle stitch...please help me figure out a pattern for the stripes!

Three colors, Waffle stitch...please help me figure out a pattern for the stripes!

Hi all!!! I’m working on a housewarming gift for my mother (68). She is theming her guest room in navy and white with some yellow to round out the beach theme.
I have navy, white, and yellow yarn, and I’ve started the twin sized blanket with the waffle stitch (first time and it’s so fun!). However, I’m not sure how to structure the pattern! Since yellow will only be an accent, and the stitch is bulky... I was thinking 4 navy rows, 1 yellow, 4 white, 1 yellow, and repeat. (thin yellow bands separating the navy and white) Another option is to do 4 navy, 2 white, 1 yellow, 2 white, then repeat. (Yellow band to break up the white) To avoid insanity, I’m also thinking about putting the yellow in the stash closet and just doing blue and white.

Any ideas or pics? I’m 3.5 navy waffle rows into it now (not including foundation and initial DC row) and I don’t know what I want for the pattern yet! I’m open to funky and uneven stripe widths, but the pattern has to repeat to keep my brain happy.

Help my fellow hookers!

Thanks!

submitted by /u/BaconNCaffeine
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/2PlWXCu
via IFTTT
Load comments