One reason to be careful about purchasing from Ice Yarns

One reason to be careful about purchasing from Ice Yarns

So, I posted recently about my purchase of mixed lots from Ice Yarns. Well, at the same time I also purchased a lot of their "Mustang Cotton" https://www.iceyarns.com/products/s.mustang-cotton_fwnccn#ajaxitem/mustang-cotton-cream

Well, I just went by their description of the weight and didn't look as closely at the pictures as I guess I should have. This yarn is definitely not even "Light" or DK like the description says. It's soooooo thin. I've never worked with yarn this thin. I don't even know if I have a hook for this size! I looked extremely carefully at the mixed lot pictures trying to figure out the weight and it never occurred to me to double check the weight the picture appeared to be of a regular lot. Anywho, I was going to use this to make a blanket, but it would take me until the year 3000, so I will have to find some other use, although I really don't know what. I welcome suggestions on what one can do with this type of yarn.

So, fair warning, I wouldn't really trust their weight descriptions if you buy yarn outright.

submitted by /u/smushy_face
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/2G9drMX
via IFTTT
Load comments