Possibly helpful tip for those who suck at counting

Possibly helpful tip for those who suck at counting

I’m terrible at counting. I’m never sure if I skipped a stitch or I counted the same one twice and it’s overall just a huge pain and my least favourite part of crocheting, especially having to frog an entire round or two when I realize I’ve miscounted.

I only recently found a workaround to 90% of counting that I thought might be useful, and hopefully not too obvious that this post is meaningless. So, my pro tip? LOOK. Most crochet projects are built on symmetry, pattern, and overall how the final product is supposed to look. If you can identify a certain pattern in the row or round below, you don’t need to count anymore, just follow its lead. Use stitch markers and row counters galore, and boom, most of your counting needs (looking at you, 2 dc in 1 st, 7 dc in 7 st) are ancient history.

submitted by /u/masterofyourhouse
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/2Xnfq5T
via IFTTT
Load comments