Anyone got any advice?

Anyone got any advice?

So, I've been working on a project that I posted here a while back. I switched to a smaller hook to prevent gaping in the project, as it's in the round, but for some reason that made the hand that was regulating the yarn tension hurt, like..a lot. Besides resting the hand, does anyone here have any advice for it? It actually gets pretty painful to the point that it discourages continuation.

I'd also like some advice regarding fixing the way I hold my yarn. Ever since I started crocheting, I never really held the yarn the "right" way, per say. instead of regulating the tension with the yarn over the finger, I actually grip it with one finger. It sounds odd but it works. Is my way still right? Or should I fix it? I have better luck regulating the tension with my own way than I do with the "right" way, so i'm not really sure if It's necessary to switch over.

submitted by /u/dramaticbaguette
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/2Dgqknf
via IFTTT
Load comments