I learned how not to do a rainbow in the round

I learned how not to do a rainbow in the round

I learned how not to do a rainbow in the round

This is the second blanket I've finished since the beginning of lockdown last year when I started crocheting against after a hiatus of 35+ years, and is my first ever circular item. This is the Lotus Blanket by Hooked by Robin, in 100% cotton yarn. I learned a lot about how not to do a rainbow on a round shape: the earlier colors should have had many more rows, because although each color is 4 rows, the outside rows are far longer i.e. have more visual mass, and so it's thrown the color balance off. Good to learn. Also I was impatient and only picked the colors that were available in my local store. If I'd ordered online I would have had more nuanced options for the red/orange/yellow rounds. Overall it was a good learning piece, and I'm about to start another in 4 ply wool for a baby blanket. Although COVID is terrible and I'm full of grief for the unnecessary loss of life, I am very grateful lockdown got me making things with my hands again. I find it calming.

https://preview.redd.it/0nuf7kmsv1r61.jpg?width=3120&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f1b71fe4f4673382bb3db57e1f410d8793a7d94b

submitted by /u/Crew_Emphasis
[link] [comments]


from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/39FRJMn
via IFTTT
Load comments