Inclusive pride flag blanket advice

Inclusive pride flag blanket advice

I’m planning on crocheting an inclusive pride blanket for my friends, approx twin size (60 x 90 in), ideally sticking to the design of the flag with the triangles/chevrons and the horizontal stripes. I haven’t found any patterns or tutorials anywhere online, so I’m planning on freeing it but would like to crowdsource some feedback.

I see 2 main approaches to how to make this design:

Triangle approach I would start with the trans/BIPOC pride triangles using a modified moss/linen stitch like this pattern. Once the triangles are done I would finish off and start horizontally crocheting the rainbow stripes while connecting them into the edge of the triangles with my turning chain, probably double crocheting and then hdc, sc, as I approach the triangle to get that horizontal edge. If I want to be on hard mode I could try continuing the triangle linen stitch all the way down the blanket and switch colors often to make the stripes.

Stripe/reversible intarsia approach. I’d start horizontally with the stripes, but use a foundation dc so I can seamlessly change colors in the foundation row. AKA start a purple FDC row, switch to black FDC, then brown FDC, then end with pale blue FDC. Because color changes would only occur 1 to 2 stitches staggered in each row I could use the reversible intarsia technique.

I think the triangle approach would create the best looking triangles without any stepping, but there would be a big difference in texture in the blanket between the triangles and the stripes. On the other hand, the stripe approach would lead to a very consistent texture but the triangles would not be smooth, they’d be stepped from row to row.

Any advice on which would be best? Or is there a different way to create this kind of design?

submitted by /u/T--Frex
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/2QK7SKs
via IFTTT
Load comments