I feel like I can’t get my blankets to look as good as they do in other people’s photos. Does anyone have any advice on how to make my work look better quality?

I feel like I can’t get my blankets to look as good as they do in other people’s photos. Does anyone have any advice on how to make my work look better quality?

Hello everyone! I started crocheting back in 2018 and managed to learn the techniques pretty quickly. I bought books and watched online tutorials until I was able to start my own projects. I have so many ideas for different blankets I want to make, however, when I start a new project, it never looks the way it does in other people’s photos. I find that my work always looks cheap and messy, so end up abandoning it. I lost all motivation for a few months, but I really wanted to start again. I have been trying to make a zig-zag blanket in DK yarn, but each time I try, it just looks so different compared to everyone else’s, despite using the same yarn. I have the pattern and the skills to do it, yet I just can’t get things to look right!

I also find this is the same when I’m making granny squares - with the DK yarn it looks so thin and the holes are always too big. When I compare this to photos of other people’s work, I see that their granny squares are bold and neat with big stitches and little holes (if that even makes sense), despite having used the exact same yarn. It is really making me feel a bit deflated. I know that I have the stitches correct and my tension is ok. I have a large collection of yarn, including Stylecraft special DK/aran, Paintbox DK/aran, Milliamia aran, and some different brands of DK.

Does anyone have any tips on how to make my blankets look better quality? I’m open to any suggestions or advice, and really appreciate everyone who takes the time to read this post and reply.

Hope you are all well.

submitted by /u/nursemel9
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3pjNdJe
via IFTTT
Load comments