Too many rows!?

Too many rows!?

Hey guys, beginner here. I'm following a pattern for a cardigan. I need help with understanding a portion of it!

This is the main explanation for sizing:

"Pattern is written for smallest size, with larger sizes following in parentheses. S (M, L, 1X, 2X, 3X) It can be helpful to circle all notes for your size before beginning."

I'm at the point of doing a whole bunch of rows and decreasing at 2 locations every other row. I'm following sizing for a medium. So, as far as I understand, I'm supposed to do 132 rows per the explanation below:

"Row 1 (WS dec): Ch 2, hdc in next 35 (40, 46, 49, 52, 56) hdc, hdc2tog, hdc in each hdc until 2 sts remain before marker, hdc2tog, hdc in each hdc to end of row; turn. [120 (132, 146, 158, 172, 184)]"

But by the time I got to 100 rows, the cardigan was down to my ankles! It was way too long. Before the decreasing started I already did 134 rows, so it's supposed to be a total of 266 rows? Isn't that too many?? Maybe I'm counting my rows wrong.

Any tips? I'm happy to provide pics if requested.

submitted by /u/NotaB21
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/2PEUtm7
via IFTTT
Load comments