Round ball with Bernat blanket yarn?

Round ball with Bernat blanket yarn?

I'm trying to make a Big Fairlee the Unicorn using Bernat blanket so it'll be extra soft but I'm having a problem right out of the gate.

I can NOT get a round shape. I've tried using worsted weight yarn and it looks like it's supposed to but I'm doing something wrong with the blanket yarn. This is the first time I've used it.

It's a bog-standard magic ring of 6 SC, increase to 12, 18, etc. and it comes out a cone. Pattern calls for a 6.5mm hook but I've also tried 6mm, 7.0mm, 8.0mm.

I'm still a beginner and I'm not sure how to adjust hook to yarn size and correct problems like this with technique or by adjusting the pattern.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

submitted by /u/dogmatix101
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3lN5sG1
via IFTTT
Load comments