Pattern help: does HDC increase the number of stitches?

Pattern help: does HDC increase the number of stitches?

I’m an avid knitter but am fairly new crochet and have run into an issue in an amigurimi pattern. I’m working on the foot. Pattern is the following: I have 20sts at the end of Rnd 2 Rnd 3: sc in next st, inc in next st, sc in next 4 st, hdc in next 2 st, inc in next 3 st, hdc in next 2st sc in next 3 st, [sc in next st, inc in next st] repeat 2 times [26]

I think I’ve done this correctly but by my count I now have 30 stitches. There are 6 increases and 4 hdc so I’m guessing the miscount comes from my counting 2sts for each hdc. Is that wrong? In the next round do I only stitch into one of the two? They do look a bit different from the single crochet stitches. I tried to google this but couldn’t find the answer so am hoping you lovely hookers can help me 😊

Thanks for reading!!

submitted by /u/creepy_crust
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3cN5fyx
via IFTTT
Load comments