Newbie looking for a recommendation

Newbie looking for a recommendation

Hidey ho, fellow crocheters! I am very new to the craft, even though my grandmother taught me the basic stitches when I was fourteen or so. I’m 44 now so I have forgotten more than I learned. I can chain, and I can do a slip stitch, and I can do a double crochet. I can make a granny square (just a double crochet one, nothing fancy) and I just learned how to do a magic circle from watching Youtube videos.

I want to learn how to read patterns so I can make actual things, though. Does anybody have a good resource or suggestion for where I can learn that? My grandma passed years ago ... I wish I had paid more attention when she was here. I’ve tried watching Youtube videos but I’ve noticed that very few of them go past the third row ... I don’t know what to do after that; it’s great to get started but I think that’s why I can’t make anything useful.

I appreciate any and all suggestions!

submitted by /u/Zajhin
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/38013KN
via IFTTT
Load comments