Getting Fancy Wooden Crochet Hook- need advice!

Getting Fancy Wooden Crochet Hook- need advice!

Hi all!

I am being gifted a fancy wooden crochet hook for Xmas and I’m trying to determine the customizations I want. I’m relatively new to crochet and haven’t really had an opportunity to experience some or the more common pitfalls.

So, I decided on a 5.5mm hook. From what I’ve read, this is the most commonly used hook and works well with the most common yarns. (For context, I’ve only worked with chunky yarns so far, using 8-11 sized hook.)

Some questions:

-Should I go for an all wood hook or a wood handle with metal hook bit?

  • Is there a recommended shaft length?

-Should I change my mind and go for a 9mm instead since it would be less likely to break? ( yea, this one is more opinion.)

I know a lot of this would be based on personal preference, so I guess I’m mainly interested in your insights more than a hard and fast yes or no answer.

Thanks!!!!

Ps the wood type I’ve chosen is hornbeam.

submitted by /u/elbereth3
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3holjIX
via IFTTT
Load comments