Prior Break, Arthritis Surgery, Now Carpal Tunnel

Prior Break, Arthritis Surgery, Now Carpal Tunnel

Hello talented friends! I learned how to crochet about five years after having arthritis that built up on a break in my wrist removed. For the last year I have been crocheting for my small business and recently the pain in my wrist has grown exponentially. I started waking up with my hand numb every once in awhile but then it became an everyday thing and takes a long time to wake up.

Last week was the worst it's been and I let myself fall behind on orders because it hurt too bad to push through it. I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel on Monday and am going to be seeing a pain management Dr. to determine if they should do surgery on my wrist before the other surgeries I've been putting off (ankle/lower back.)

I have been pushing through my wrist pain for so long and I stupidly wasn't taking enough breaks while crocheting. I am wearing a brace and using CBD. I use heat on my back and neck and ice on my ankle but not sure what is most beneficial when taking a break for my wrist. I know I can't be the only one with these issues and I would greatly appreciate any advice on how you deal with the pain, surgery, healing time, and any advice on how to work through this. I am living my dream and I don't want my health issues to ruin it.

Thank you in advance! ❤

submitted by /u/bluedragonfly319
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3CG4ram
via IFTTT
Load comments