Charging higher prices for international countries?

Charging higher prices for international countries?

Hey, everyone! I was curious, if I were to sell, for example, amigurumi, on like Etsy. I'm thinking, would I make the price the same price I would sell it for in Egypt?

Like, let's say I make a small octopus toy (Let's say about the size of my palm, so I can like estimate the amount of yarn, so not miniscule, but not enough to take up an entire 100g of yarn). I wouldn't be able to sell it for more than like, 50 pounds, because I wouldn't get many customers for more than that. Would it be unethical for me to sell it online for like $15 dollars, which would surpass the price of the yarn by a long shot, and get me around 230 pounds? I was thinking, well the prices on Etsy are mostly from users who have a better currency then me. If I sold it at the same price I would sell it domestically, it would be about 3 dollars. Is the 12 dollar markup unethical?

(This is currently all hypothetical, I haven't set up a shop or anything. My friend keeps suggesting I sell items, and I'm not sure if that will give me the profit she thinks it would.)

submitted by /u/robotobio
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3xktoGo
via IFTTT
Load comments