Is it weird that I’m proud?

Is it weird that I’m proud?

My 16-year-old daughter started crocheting a few weeks ago. She’s been making a variety of small objects with some cheap yarn I let her use when I recommended Bella Coco videos. Last weekend she went shopping with friends and picked up a large skein at Savers and a small, partially used skein that her friend had sitting around the house.

Then, a few days ago she was looking in our storage area for buttons to add to her most recent project (a mug cozy) and discovered a box of unused yarn - 9 skeins of various colors (lovely colors, by the way) that according to the handwritten label on the box was shipped to me in 2015. I have no memory of receiving this yarn and the mystery as to why remains unsolved. She was ridiculously excited about this and wrote a letter to the person on the return label to see if we could figure out who they are and why they sent me a box of unused Impeccable (Michaels brand) yarn.

This morning she grabbed a skein from the mystery box and a hook as we walked out the door so she could crochet between rounds at her speech competition.

And this afternoon when we were at Walmart, she used her own $ to buy, yes, more yarn.

I’ve created a monster.

submitted by /u/kdsuzy
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3sM0Nqj
via IFTTT
Load comments