WHY IS EVERYTHING ACRYLIC

WHY IS EVERYTHING ACRYLIC

Something I've thought a lot about in the last few years is how to reduce my plastic consumption, including in clothing which gets washed and sheds micro plastic fibres. I realised at some point that I was contributing in my crafting too because SO MUCH OF THE AFFORDABLE YARN is made at least partly of acrylic/polyamide/nylon etc and it drove me batty. Now I only buy yarn made out of "natural" materials but it is a pain in the ass sometimes I have to admit! Have to be really careful when selecting yarn and also I buy a lot less because when I do buy it's usually pricier than the cheap stuff (maybe a hidden bonus for yarn hoarders like me lol). Anyone else doing this or thinking about environmental impacts of crafting? I was thinking about posting this for awhile but the post earlier about how Hobbycraft=evil got me thinking about the ethics of crafting!

submitted by /u/Aiislin
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3mhGeSp
via IFTTT
Load comments