Granny Square query

Granny Square query

Hi crochet peeps. Just a quick question for anyone that does granny squares. I thought I'd try it to expand my beginner skills and the first couple of attempts were...interesting. I found a good tutorial online but my attempt at following the instructions didn't turn out right either and I thought it might be due to what I was doing.

In the tutorial, the center ring is made out of four chain stitches, and each corner chain is two stitches with three chain stitches and two double crochet stitches making up.each cluster. I had my center ring at six stitches so I could see what I was doing but was still following the two chain stitches at each corner. Should I have made my corner stitches three chains instead of two? The result of my stitching was more of a granny circle rather than a square, and my previous attempt before that was very lacy and open. With the first one I think I stitched the clusters into each corner rather than the center ring. What should be an easy beginner thing is apparently not to me. No worries I will simply keep at it until I get it. Any advice and/or tips welcome.

PS: I didn't quite get the instructions for starting the second round - the tutorial said to stitch into the corner hole of the first round, but as I'm having difficulty with getting the first round correct I think I'll wait on that one.

Crochet is so far turning out to.be a very interesting but frustrating craft. I can do rows of single and double and treble crochet stitches but ask me to do geometric shapes and I'm struggling. Then again, maths was never my strongest subject.

submitted by /u/Fluffbrained-cat
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3DoLM3y
via IFTTT
Load comments