Polyurethane On Yarn?

Polyurethane On Yarn?

Hello!

Now, I know this sounds super weird on first read, and I have to admit I found it weird as well when I first read it. Anyways, I am working on this project so that I can hopefully have it done by Christmas. Before I start a piece I either fully read through a pattern if I have the time, or I skim through it and take notes on what to come back on later. Unfortunately, I broke my own rule and only read the files individually before starting the piece, as this comes in three different PDF files. I got to the second PDF and I read that with this pattern, I am supposed to use the polyurethane ON the actual YARN piece and NOT the wood it's supposed to be attached to.

In honest I had to do make sure I didn't read it wrong and sure enough that's exactly what it said. Now, working in a hardware store, I know that polyurethane can be toxic if used in an incorrect way, and considering that I have already used e6000 to glue the base to the cardboard for a stronger hold...I really don't want to find out if they are a bad mix; glue cured or not. Also, is it safe to use poly on yarn? I have never heard of it being used on yarn; in fact, this is the first time in all the patterns I have ever read where this is actually called for. The request is sending up red flags for me, and I don't trust it in the slightest, I just want to know if my feeling is correct and if anyone has any more insight into this, that would be great.

submitted by /u/O-Castitatis-Lilium
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3gpygmu
via IFTTT
Load comments