What would your approach be for a Big Vinyl record rug from scratch?

What would your approach be for a Big Vinyl record rug from scratch?

Just to be upfront, my posts are usually unnecessarily lengthy with a lot of details on what I’m going for/in-visioning with lots of questions and terrible way of explaining things! So please feel free to scroll to the bottom to get to the point of my post!

So I could just find some round rug pattern online and just incorporate the color of the Vinyl to match said pattern, but I kind of want to here advice or other ideas to do this project. I’m trying to make a big retro vinyl record rug for my boyfriend’s bday that coming up very soon in august so I need something that’ll work up somewhat quick.

More info: I’ll be using Acrylic worsted yearn in a green shade and black. Most likely doubling up on yard to make it bulky still unsure though. I’m trying to stay true to the dimensions of an actual 12” record just x3 them to make a bigger rug.

With the Inner circle(in my case will be green)approx. is 4” so x3 will be approx 12” in finished project that’s including center circle And the outer circle(black) approx. be 36” in finished look….

So here where I need some feedback/advice from y’all…

-What hook size would you use, if doubling up the yarn, to make it more durable?

-There is a small hole before the inner circle (which I’ll do in green) so a magic circle will not be best to start off with, so how would you begging this project to ensure there is a small circle in the middle?

-Most importantly what stitch(es) would you use with this project?

-Should I do a continuous spiral or a invisible sl st for the best seamless look?

-When I finish my projects I read to do a final single crochet around project to make it more neat, tighter and professional looking. Does this also work with a circular shape? Or is there an alternative to finish?

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to give me ideas for this project.

TLDR: Want to make a Big Vinyl Record rug for BF bday, not happy with pattern I’ve found online, and would love some more advice, or ideas from the Crochet community to make one from scratch! What would you do to create this?

submitted by /u/ItchyTasty98
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/370AT9l
via IFTTT
Load comments