How do you plan a brand new pattern (mini recliner cover)

How do you plan a brand new pattern (mini recliner cover)

Looking to make a cover for my kids mini recliner. I'm more interested in the journey than the destination but not sure how to plan out a pattern.

Any general how tos?

Here are specific situations I am concerned about-

I can measure the recliner, but I'm not entirely sure how to decide hot many stitches. A loose double crochet is going to be longer than a tight dc. This makes me think I should crochet the length of recliner and eyeball it. However I'm concerned that round geometry and the final sewing pieces together will cause things to be too short, or not form fit.

Should I be sewing pieces together, or is there a way to crochet this entirely "in the round"?

Should I pick sc, hdc, or dc?

Should I pick high gauge thread to finish quicker?

submitted by /u/icandoMATHs
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3sLRgzT
via IFTTT
Load comments