Slip stitch BLO doesn't look tight

Slip stitch BLO doesn't look tight

Slip stitch BLO doesn't look tight

Hi all!

I have made this beautiful cardigan by Granny Squares and Stripes Cardigan by Realm Designs and am adding an edge and trying some ribbing on the bottom of the cardigan (the pattern doesn't have ribbing).

I am using a 5mm hook with Drops Paris yarn.

I am crocheting Slip stitch BLO for the ribbing and would love for it to look like Realm Designs ribbing on her white cardigan but wonder why it's so stretched out and not tight? It looks more like a SC in BLO to me, but SC is even wider. It's starting to curve at the end because it's not tight so when the cardigan lies flat, the ribbing is wavy.

I did the same ribbing for the sleeves and have worn the cardigan quite a few times and it seems to be tighter, maybe it shrinks inwards after time?

Is Realm Designs crocheting different ribbing or something else? I'm tempted to forego the ribbing and just leave the edging as HDC or maybe DC.

I absolutely love the cardigan, it was my second crochet project finished in my 2nd month of crocheting! Realm Designs pattern is so easy to follow, I definitely recommend it.

My cardigan finished a month ago <3

Bottom edge of cardigan ribbing. Slip stitch BLO.

Sleeve ribbing done a month ago and worn. Slip stitch BLO

Realm Designs cardigan with beautiful ribbing on sleeve cuffs and bottom of cardigan

submitted by /u/photographally
[link] [comments]


from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3CLHa75
via IFTTT
Load comments