Need help on how to increase the size of a pattern

Need help on how to increase the size of a pattern

I want to make the Lotus Duster 2.0 for myself, however the sizes are only med and large in the pattern directions. I'm using a fingering weight yarn (I think) and a crochet hook that is one size bigger than the pattern calls for. The problem is I wear size 26/28. I worked up to about the 20th row/round (where you make the chain for the armholes) and also added the extra rounds she calls for to make the large size then had my daughter try it on tonight. She wears a medium size shirt and it barely fit for her to get her arms through without pulling on the yarn too hard.

I need to figure out if I should size up for the hook or add rows to make the back bigger or maybe do both? Do I work at possibly making the back more square so I can get the width I need in the shoulder area and then go back to making the rest an oval shape like the pattern?

I won't say I'm that advanced but I hope with some advice I can figure out how to make this for me to wear. Or it will end being something for my daughter to wear... which wouldn't be the end of the world but I would really like a wearable that isn't a shawl.

submitted by /u/Bookworm1962
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3Cyr5Bs
via IFTTT
Load comments