Learning how to pick the “right” yarn?

Learning how to pick the “right” yarn?

Hello everyone! I’ve recently gotten back into crocheting and my first purchases for yarn were the only ones I ever used back when I was in my early teens — Caron’s Jumbo/One Pound and Red Hearts Super Saver.

Now…as I’ve begun working with them I am really not into them. I understand as acrylic they are a bit rougher than a natural fiber, and I can see them soften up while I’m working with them (due to oil from my hands? Maybe?) but after starting and stopping so many times just because I’m dissatisfied with the texture, I decided to come ask for some help!

My main articles of interest to make are blankets, shawls, and scarves. I’m guessing I would be looking to go for cotton or a blend of cotton and acrylic right? Maybe wool for a heavier blanket or scarf? Can any of you suggest some brands that have super soft yarn that would work best for these types of projects?

submitted by /u/bint_amrekiyyah
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3j9zgMX
via IFTTT
Load comments