Does anyone else’s partner or family resent that you crochet?

Does anyone else’s partner or family resent that you crochet?

Since I moved in with my fiancé things have been well. Unfortunately I’ve always been kind of messy, and he is as well, but I am more so. He started getting extremely upset whenever I would leave any yarn or hooks out, even though we hadn’t worked out proper storage for them yet.

I cleared out a shelf and put my things in there, but I felt nothing could make him happy. Even when I was crocheting actively he’d complain about there being a mess, despite me telling him I’m going to have a few balls of yarn, scissors, and stitch markers out if I’m working on something. I started putting my projects in grocery bags and would just have the grocery bag of stuff next to me but he’d get bothered if I’d ever leave it somewhere in sight. I recently got surgery so I haven’t been crocheting for over a week.

We were organizing our room today and I told him about how I can’t wait to start crocheting again and he said I have to really start being more clean. I acknowledged that I had previously been very messy about it but I also explained that I felt like even towards recently when I was very good about keeping it contained and just around me it wasn’t good enough.

He complained that my hobby was too messy and took up too much space compared to his which is digital drawing and creates no mess. I told him it wasn’t fair and that I should be supported in my hobbies and he said don’t ask for my opinion if you don’t want it. He gave me a large bin to put all my crochet things in, I organized it nicely but I was upset. I reminded him I have a lot more yarn at my parents house that is already color coded in different tubs, much of the yarn which he bought me. He said when we get our own place I can keep everything in the garage and he will designate one spot in one room where my crochet will be.

I was working on a blanket for our bed before my surgery that has four different colors and it was nice to be able to crochet while hanging out in bed but he was always mad about it. I feel like the only way for him to be completely happy is if he never sees it until my projects are finished. Almost everything about our relationship is great and we have our disagreements but this really hurt me. I shouldn’t be but I can’t help but feel jealous of people who’s SOs help them build pretty yarn storage and allow them to have a crafting room.

TLDR: fiancé resents my crochet because it is too messy

Edit: when he used to have his own room he was doing regular drawing and would often leave his markers out everywhere on the table where we ate, and only the last two months he has had the tablet since we saved up for it.

Edit 2: he picked the color and style of the blanket 🤦‍♀️

submitted by /u/Good_Branch_9415
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/2Z4BZQy
via IFTTT
Load comments