C2C Cats Afghan

C2C Cats Afghan

C2C Cats Afghan

I'm a knitter who just learned how to crochet last year. This was my first time doing any color work, let alone crocheting something larger than a hat! I started June 9, just finished tonight.

I converted the traditional "Cats Afghan" to C2C: Pattern. I stared in excel, then imported my grid into Stitchfiddle. I'm terrible at following charts, so the option to turn a grid into text was incredibly helpful.

I used Lionbrand "Pound of love" - approximately: 1.5 skeins for the black, 1 skein for the other colors, except the yellow eyes- that was about 1/4 of a skein. Hook size 5.0mm (H). I made a gauge swatch in C2C to figure out how much yarn I'd need. I did an 8x8 square, then unraveled 1 of the squares and measured how much yarn it took up. It was about 3'. I figured out how many squares of each color I had, and using my estimate of 3' of yarn per square, figured out how much yarn I'd need for each color.

I found a "ribbon storage box" to hold all my bobbins and keep things organized. This is the one I used: Ribbon Box I ended up with the large one, and just spun it around when I had to flip the blanket. It got a little tight when I was at the widest point with all the color changes going on, but it worked really well to keep things from getting tangled. I used empty plastic spools for bobbins that could spin on the bars in the ribbon box. Something like this: Empty Plastic Spools.

I had to put the blanket on a table to work on it. It was just too large to keep on my lap. I found that rolling it up as I went and tying it helped a lot. It made it much easier when I had to flip it over.

Overall, it was a great project. I'll probably make another one at some point, but for now I think I'm going to do a few smaller projects!

https://preview.redd.it/0qn8svas8ct71.jpg?width=480&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=12af8f401a6c9053e11989d3a82d5d545b59c404

submitted by /u/ZinKitten
[link] [comments]


from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3iZp35N
via IFTTT
Load comments