Opinions and advice please! Is S-lon/C-lon good for crochet? If so, any recommendations for sellers that have every color of the rainbow (just the 'straight' colors and not off shades, gradients, etc.) plus white, brown, and black?

Opinions and advice please! Is S-lon/C-lon good for crochet? If so, any recommendations for sellers that have every color of the rainbow (just the 'straight' colors and not off shades, gradients, etc.) plus white, brown, and black?

Everything I see online around S-lon/C-lon use in craft projects seems to point to things like kumihimo, macrame, friendship bracelets, and beading/bead weaving but not just straight crochet. I'm making a really nice mala with some relatively big, heavy beads (gemstone, 18x14mm, ~2mm hole diameter) and realized I'd like to crochet a nice, sturdy bag to store it in when not in use. The color theme I'm making my mala in is rainbow-plus: the beads I'm using are 12 sequences of 9 beads in white, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, and black.

If S-lon/C-lon is a good material for this project, I'd like to find all of these same colors of cord as the beads to keep the crocheted bag with the same rainbow-plus color theme; however, I'm having difficulty finding sellers online (including both online-only like Amazon and online stores of brick-and-mortar businesses like Joann and Michael's) that carry all of these colors. I'm seeing lots of sellers with more creative shades of color (e.g. peach, rose, sky blue) and 4-6 spool sets with color themes (i.e. several different shades of one or two colors) but am actually having trouble finding all of just the 'straight' rainbow colors either available separately or as a set. The closest I've been able to find is something from a seller called PandaHall on Amazon, but it's not technically S-lon/C-lon, so I'm leary of the quality.

I would prefer to be able to buy smaller amounts of each of these if possible (i.e. 77 yards or less) but am willing to invest the money if only larger spools are available. I'm also willing to try other similar materials to S-lon/C-lon if anyone has recommendations. I have a wide range of crochet hook sizes but am looking to work with a medium-lighter nylon cord weight between 0.5 mm and 1.5 mm. If this type of cord wouldn't be good to work with, I can always just go with cotton crochet thread, which I am very familiar with from past projects, but I just felt the desire to explore working with this material which I am not yet familiar with.

submitted by /u/ravenmade_rebel
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3FeTChp
via IFTTT
Load comments