Blocking/starching crochet flowers

Blocking/starching crochet flowers

I'm making my bouquet for my wedding in two weeks. I amusing a combination of acrylic and cotton yarns to make tea roses and trumpet vine flowers. I'm crocheting the flowers and then attaching them to floral wires with floral tape. The thing is, though, that my trumpet vines are a little floppy and in need of blocking. Should I just get them wet? Is there something I can use to starch them a little? Hairspray, Elmer's glue and water, commercial starch? Yes, I waited until the last minute to figure out how to finish this project, but that's just my move. I seem to be most productive with a little pressure from a looming deadline. Any input?

submitted by /u/notreallylucy
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3qxCPyU
via IFTTT
Load comments