Clover Amour hooks v. the cheap knockoffs on Amazon

Clover Amour hooks v. the cheap knockoffs on Amazon

I've been crocheting for years and I've always wondered - are Amour hooks worth it? They look identical to the $14 knockoff sets on Amazon that I have always used. I've asked countless times and never got a straight answer, so I finally caved and bought an Amour to see for myself.

I got a 1.75 mm bc all my steel crochet hooks hurt me, they have no cushion. Just straight steel. Obviously the Clover hook felt better than that lol. But it also felt so much smoother than my knockoffs! And the rubber handle is really secure on there, it doesn't slide around at all like some of my bootleg ones.

I'm not a shill for Clover and nobody asked me to do this, just putting that out there. My final thoughts: if you can afford them, the Amour hooks absolutely feel smoother and more luxurious than the similar looking cheapies on Wish and Amazon. They also have a nice cap (at least for the steel ones, not sure about the others) that I like. But at the end of the day, the difference is not really that drastic imo.

With that said, I just ordered the full set of steel hooks and put the single one I bought on eBay.

Now I wanna try some of the real luxury hooks but it'll be another 10 years before I do that lol. What do you guys think?!

submitted by /u/RusticTroglodyte
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/3vnyT5y
via IFTTT
Load comments