Can anybody point me to an eli5 style guide to reading patterns for total dumbdumbs?

Can anybody point me to an eli5 style guide to reading patterns for total dumbdumbs?

I’m having some difficulty understanding the different ways patterns are written, and there’s one in particular I’m trying to figure out that just doesn’t make sense. It’s frustrating because I feel like I can follow 85% of the patterns I come across, but little things are different on the rest that make it super tough to understand.

Example:

Row 1: DC in 4th chain from hook and in each ch across -99 (121, 143) sts

Does this mean I double crochet in the 4th chain and then keep double crochet until stitch 99? And then I have no idea what the parentheses mean here. I get that they usually mean some sort of repeat, what what is it supposed to be here? I just don’t get how it’s written differently from others.

Halp, wonderful crochet superheroes!

submitted by /u/effervescenthoopla
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/35Vsbty
via IFTTT
Load comments