Hook preferences and inability to switch between hook styles, anyone else?

Hook preferences and inability to switch between hook styles, anyone else?

I first learned to crochet several years ago with Bates hooks. But anytime I try to use Clover or Boye, I struggle to the point I just give up and switch back. Does anyone else experience difficulty switching between hook styles? I am familiar with muscle memory and understand that my body learned with a specific style and adapting is difficult.

I think of other things I switch between. Like if I was used to one type of computer mouse, and suddenly had to use an ergonomic one, it would take a while to get used to it, but I adapt. Why can't I adapt to other hooks? How long would you struggle trying to adapt before giving up? For me, I need ergonomic things, so my hooks are custom made polymer clay on top of Bates hooks. But I'd love to just be able to use store bought ergonomic hooks. Thanks.

submitted by /u/purpletube5678
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/36bhVNW
via IFTTT
Load comments