Perfectionism in your work

Perfectionism in your work

Hi fellow crocheters,

I have been crocheting regularly since two years ago. In an effort to improve quickly, I used to read crochet blogs often, and one blogger wrote that no matter how big or small of a mistake, she will start over (I don't remember the blog anymore, this was 2 years ago). I've adopted this idea, but it is making it impossible for me to actually complete anything, since I will often restart projects over and over and over until the end result is exactly perfect without a single error.

This mentality is burning me out, though. I'm currently working on a blanket, which I had previously completed, and then ripped up in its entirety to start over. Since then, I have started over once more, and frequently had to rip stitches back throughout. I'm 2/3 of the way done and found some errors that are so small that nobody but me would know they're there, but I'm feeling so disappointed because this means I'll have to start over again. I keep seeing other people's work posted here which to me looks perfect, and I look at my own work and feel inadequate because it's not.

How do you handle mistakes in your work (especially really small ones), and stop obsessing over making things perfect? How do you appreciate your improvements without focusing on the errors? Will I ever get to a stage where I can produce work that is mistake-free? Please be kind. Although I practice for many hours each week, I'm still new and have a long way to go.

submitted by /u/tinytrees11
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/39cyoRi
via IFTTT
Load comments