Question regarding yarn cakes!

Question regarding yarn cakes!

Hey people, so basically I'm having some questions about what type of project I could start with these yarn cakes I've seen for sale (for a very affordable price) at the only store that sells yarn nearby.

They're half acrylic half wool, and they come in an immense variety of colours, from rainbow (not changing smoothly between colours, but rather abruptly) to these other two toned cakes (eg: grey and blue), to colour specific that go from, say, a dark blue, medium blue, light blue, white. Each cake has about 200grams and 400meters, so it's a rather chunky, yummy, warm yarn (also soft).

This brings me to my question! What type of project could I possibly start with these cakes? I've seen intricate works with different colours like the Sophie's universe blanket but I wonder if the cakes would work? Or, if I chose something like this, if I should change colour every other row by cutting the yarn on the cake? As in, let's say I'm doing a row in yellow and the next row should be orange, if I should cut the yarn, and start with the orange colour or just keep crocheting with the yellow and whenever it changed colours (mid row or not), it happens.

I've also seen the Persian square (think that's the name) with gorgeous colours, and other intricate, colourful squares I could have fun doing but I'm having trouble deciding if it's worth using such abrupt changing cake yarn or if I should just try to ignore the cakes and focus on something else.

Let me know what you think, any ideas you may have, suggestions, and ask me any questions if you didn't understand what I meant with all this (I'm sure) very confusing yarn talk! Thank y'all in advance for your time!

submitted by /u/BourbonBluu
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/2QKeTrd
via IFTTT
Load comments