I’m Still learning to read patterns and I am on the struggle bus

I’m Still learning to read patterns and I am on the struggle bus

Ok I’ve been crocheting for years but just recently started forcing myself how to read patterns so I could begin to improve my craft and eventually make my own patterns (trying to make my own clothes, blankets, etc) and I am always incredibly frustrated with which stitches I need to insert my hook into after chaining to a new row. Like when they say a chain 2 does not count as a double crochet, do I insert my hook into the next available stitch or skip? I know patterns will sometimes specify but honestly I still end up staring at my piece trying to understand if I’m skipping or putting too many stitches (I do count my stitches which is why I’m asking this because sometimes it’s one less or one more) hopefully this makes sense HELP

submitted by /u/Box_of_Forks
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/2DB38jS
via IFTTT
Load comments