I don't know who else needs this, but you can revive dried out yarn!

I don't know who else needs this, but you can revive dried out yarn!

I am working on a project and didn't want to buy a whole new skein of the color I'm using. I found out that if you wash the yarn with fabric softener (or vinegar and baking soda mix, which I did) and then dry with a dryer sheet, it will revive your crispy, dry yarn!

You will want to wash your yarn in cold water, and dry according to the directions, but to be honest, the drying may not even be necessary unless you want to use it right away and don't have time to let it dry. And for the vinegar fabric softener, take 1 cup vinegar and mix with 2.5 tablespoons of baking soda (put them in a half a table spoon at a time to slow down the fiz) and mix. Once all the fizziness is gone, you have your fabric softener!

I hope this helps someone else out there1

submitted by /u/ActofEncouragement
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/2R0b1Cu
via IFTTT
Load comments