Trying to create my own pattern to make a raglan sweater that looks knit! Help!

Trying to create my own pattern to make a raglan sweater that looks knit! Help!

I recently just finished a faux-stockinette crochet hat (I will link pattern below. I loved the texture and how the stitches looked and the stretch the stitches gave the piece. I want to create my own sweater pattern for this specific stich (half-double crochet in third loop) but I have no idea how to even begging a process like this!

Any advice on how to start would be appreciated! I know I want this to be a oversized sweater and plan to use bulky or super bulky yarn, but I am worried about how to shape around the shoulders and neck, as well as designing a trim that would nice with this specific stitch. Additionally I did the hat in the round which produced horizontal stripes, whereas I want verticle. Again, not sure where to start on this!

If you have made it this far thank you so much and thank you for your advice!

hat link

submitted by /u/fermentfern
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/34ik340
via IFTTT
Load comments