Projects stretching SO much!?

Projects stretching SO much!?

Hey guys,

So I've noticed a bit of a pattern going on with some stuff I've made over the last few months. Everything is all good at first, but it seems like slowly my stuff stretches out over time, and it doesn't stop!

Like, I'm making a blanket for my mom, my first blanket I've made. I did my starting row, accounting for the fact that it'll have some give, & got to work. Now, maybe 30 rows in, I have the same number of stitches but what started out as having a width between a throw and a twin blanket is so wide that I can turn it lengthwise and it's easily longer than I am. The proper way around, it covers 2 people. Or like, I made my husband a hat that fit him well at first, and then it was a little loose, and now I pick it up and it's noticeably way bigger than I made it and it's even uncomfortably loose on him....

I have no idea why this is the case, but now I'm worried all the Christmas gifts I made will end up way too big on everyone. Anyone have any suggestions on why this is happening? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Firefly128
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : crochet https://ift.tt/2HCOObX
via IFTTT
Load comments